Thursday, December 31, 2015
South African king Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo has been sentenced to 12-years in prison for arson, kidnap and assault of his subjects. King Dalindyebo handed himself over to the Mthatha Correctional Center in Eastern Cape province minutes before midnight on Wednesday, December 30, after failing in an 11th-hour bid to evade incarceration by seeking a retrial or a presidential pardon.
In a statement, Justice spokesperson Mthunzi Mhaga said:
"We confirm that King Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo handed himself to the head of Mthatha Corresctional Centre at 23h40 in the presence of the Regional Commissionerof the Eastern Cape"
In 2009, the controversial king was convicted of manslaughter, arson and assault charges for offenses committed more than two decades ago. He was sentenced to 15 years in 2009, but in October the Supreme Court dropped the manslaughter charge and reduced his sentence to 12 years on appeal.
This week he sought to further extend his bail, but a High Court judge in Mthatha threw out the request. The king's daughter, Yasmin Omar, stated that the judge had not given them reasons for his decision.
"No indication was given for when we can expect the reasons for the dismissal of the application and we will continue with the case," said Omar.
He is expected to serve his sentence in Wellington Prison, outside Mthatha.
The 51-year-old king, a self-confessed marijuana smoker, was found guilty of torching dwellings that housed some of his subjects and tenants who had resisted eviction.
He was also convicted of publicly assaulting three young men who had already been brutally beaten by his henchmen, and of kidnapping a wife and children of one of his subjects whom he considered a dissident.
The Supreme Court concluded that the king "ruled with fear and trepidation" and that "his behavior was all the more deplorable because the victims of his reign of terror were the vulnerable rural poor." It also accused him of "obstructive" action for changing his lawyers 11 times, causing 34 postponements of the case.
Dalindyebo became king of the Thembu, a Xhosa ethnic group that boasted Mandela as its most prominent clan member, in 1989. The royal family will meet next week to discuss whether a successor should be chosen due to their monarch's imprisonment.
An estimated 800,000 ethnic Tutsis and moderate Hutus were killed by dominant Hutu forces in the genocide in 100 days.
Jean Uwinkindi,64, who once led the Kayenzi Pentecostal church in the rural outskirts of the capital Kigali, was convicted of crimes of genocide and crimes against humanity committed during the slaughter.
"The court finds that there were killings of the Tutsi at Rwankeri and Kanzenze hills and that the attacks were led by Uwinkindi," said Judge Kanyegeri Timothee.Uwinkindi was arrested in Uganda in 2010 and the following year his case was referred from the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, in Tanzania, to the Rwandan national court system. It was the first such referral. The pastor said he plans to appeal.
The body of the founder of one of Mexico's most violent drug cartels, La Familia Michoacana, has been discovered on a motorway with signs of torture. Carlos Rosales Mendoza's body was found with three others near a motorway in the western state of Morelia, after he was shot dead.
Rosales Mendoza founded the cartel, infamous for its extreme violence. He was one of the world's most wanted criminals, featuring on the US Drug Enforcement Agency's most wanted list. La Familia's violent hit men were said to believe they had a "divine right" to kill and dismember their enemies.
On Wednesday, Bill Cosby was charged with aggravated indecent assault, a first-degree felony.
The charge relates to a sexual assault alleged to have happened more than a decade ago. The 78-year-old comedian previously admitted under oath that he had sexual contact with the woman, as part of the lawsuit she filed claiming that Cosby drugged her and forced himself on her at his home near Philadelphia in 2004.
The woman, former Temple University employee Andrea Constand, reported the alleged assault in 2005.
Skeletal remains found in a shallow grave in Soweto confirmed as that of a girl who went missing three years ago
Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Rich Kids of Instagram share photos of their extravagant gifts, decorated mansions and tropical winter vacations
Along with the warmth of family and friends, holiday vacations often conjure up painful memories of flight delays, freezing temperatures and more than one baby crying in economy class.
But alas, these are never problems for the Rich Kids of Instagram, who spent their December sunbathing on yachts, jetting off in private planes and showing off their new Christmas toys.
Zach Rothman, son of wealthy Californian restaurateurs Harold and Wendi Rothman, skipped the airport chaos entirely and made use of his private jet, flying to Las Vegas with fellow passengers Patron and, of course, Dom Perignon.
the the hottest mix this year just press play and go gaga because of the money oooo, or wait duro and go from Lagos to Chicago lets go party party happy new year from dj led and 3m360
Giant flying saucer filmed hovering over town before vanishing sparks heated debate among sky watchers
Footage of a UFO moving slowly across the sky before suddenly vanishing has sparked a debate on social media.
The flying saucer was spotted above the mountains near the city of El Alto, in the north-west Bolivian department of La Paz.
The footage shows the circular-shaped object, which disappears and reappears among the clouds, high above a rural neighbourhood on the outskirts of the country's second largest city.
The flying saucer was spotted disappearing and reappearing above the mountains near the city of El Alto
The video was uploaded onto a UFO-spotting platform, which is dedicated to providing evidence of extra-terrestrial life on planet earth.
Since then the video has been shared on similar websites worldwide, as well as being reported by international media outlets who have debated whether it is genuine.Mexican newspaper Excelsior for example reported that sceptics believe the footage was a montage fabricated with a digital editing programme to get more traffic for the website.
Since appearing online many YouTube users have commented on the clip, but most appear confused as to what the flying object may be.
Brown Ideye in Paternity mess (White woman exposes married footballer Ideye Brown, claims he's the father of her two kids )
Was minding my business on instagram when I stumbled on these posts from a white lady named Alex on instagram. The lady who lives in Ukraine (did he ever play there?) has a son and a daughter, who appear to be mixed race, and she claims Nigerian Super Eagles player, Ideye Brown is the father of her two kids. Thing is, Ideye is married with two kids.
English Premier League Surprise team Leicester City give free beer to fans as 'thank you' for successful year
Tuesday, December 29, 2015
Looters target flood victims' homes: Thieves steal from properties submerged in dirty water as Storm Frank threatens 6in more rain and an ancient bridge collapses in Yorkshire
Thieves have provoked a furious reaction from police after they looted flooded homes while the properties were submerged in dirty water.
The deluged houses were targeted in the early hours of yesterday in York, which was submerged by the River Foss at the time.
One home in the North Yorkshire city was burgled after the back door was forced, while at a second tools were taken from a shed.
On the beat: North Yorkshire Police officers patrol the streets today after cases of looting in York in the aftermath of the floods
Following the floods: People clear up on Huntington Road in York today. There is no suggestion they are connected to looting on the road
It came as a huge clear-up got under way as falling river levels and repairs to industrial water pumps saw many flooded streets drained of filthy water.
North Yorkshire Police Acting Superintendent Mark Grange said: ‘It is extremely disappointing to see victims of the floods being targeted in this way.
‘It is impossible to comprehend why anyone would want to bring further suffering to those who are already in a very vulnerable situation.’
Video of man who picks up sleeping cat to CLEAN his shoes divides internet as it provokes anger but also 11,000 likes on Instagram
Footage of a man using a sleeping cat to clean his dirty shoes has sparked debate online between those who liked the clip and those who were outraged.
The video was captured in Kazakhstan and shows the unidentified man using the resting feline as a brush to clean his shoes.
The cat, which appears quite dazed as it is picked up, is brushed backwards and forwards over the man's shoes, as his friends laugh in the background.
The cat appears quite dazed as it is picked up and then used as a brush to clean the man's shoes
The man then changes feet so that the cat is used on the other shoe, before he puts it back down on the ground and allows it to run off.
The video was posted to the internet where it quickly received more than 11,000 likes on Instagram.The controversial nature of the footage provoked a lot of criticism among other internet users, however.
In fact, many people expressed their sad feelings for the cat despite the high number of approving votes.
Texas teen Ethan Couch had "something akin to a going away party" before violating his probation by fleeing from the US to Mexico with his mother, Tarrant County Sheriff Dee Anderson said at a press conference Tuesday, according to ABC News.
Couch, 18, was serving 10 years of probation for killing four people while driving drunk when he was 16.
onesian woman was flogged outside a Mosque in Indonesia last week and her crime? For being in 'close proximity' to a man she wasn't married to. This apparently is an offence under Sharia law and the punishment is public caning. Hundreds of people gathered outside the Mosque to watch student Nur Elita caned for showing affectionate behaviour to a fellow university student. The caning ended with Nur collapsing and being taken to the hospital. More photos after the cut...
The group that leaked Quentin Tarantino's new movie has suddenly stopped — and pirates are panicking
Earlier this month, pirates scored a big win when Quentin Tarantino's big blockbuster "The Hateful Eight" leaked online a full week before it opened in cinemas.
It was "released" by a piracy group going by the name Hive-CM8, which promised to have 40 of the best films of 2015 in its possession, to be released over the coming weeks.
But Hive-CM8 has since fallen silent — prompting downloaders to worry that the group has changed its mind.
Sunday, December 27, 2015
In December 2009, the magazine and the then-troubled singer were both staged for their respective comebacks, but the joint return of music’s prodigal son and hip-hop’s prodigal publication was not one of glory. Unwillingly forced to don the inquiry “R U STILL DOWN?” on his black t-shirt, and forcibly pinned against his split cover with Drake, who was adversely labeled “Unstoppable,” Brown felt betrayed. One month after its release, the singer expressed his displeasure with the lead image and story, claiming that its concept was not the one agreed upon. “I appreciate any cover,”he said then. “I just don’t appreciate them using my situation.” It was the last time the two collaborated–until today.
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" just keeps making money and breaking records.
After nabbing the Christmas Day box-office record with $49.3 million, shattering the previous record of $24.6 million held by 2009's "Sherlock Holmes," with the weekend coming to the close "The Force Awakens" has grabbed another honor — becoming the record holder for the fastest movie ever to gross $1 billion globally.
A man and his young child were killed in a tragic Christmas Day car crash on A421 near Marston,Bedfordshire, at 11.10pm. The man was pronounced dead at the scene after a single vehicle collision, while his 3 year old son was pronounced dead at the hospital. The man's wife, who was also in the vehicle, survived and is being treated at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, with serious injuries.
So, according to the gist, Flavour is set to wed his first babymama Sandra Okagbue, in Onitsha tomorrow Dec. 28th. The wedding is so hush hush that many of his close friends aren't even aware of it.. According to the source, Flavour wants a very secret/coded introduction/traditional wedding to avoid drama with his other baby mama, former MBGN Anna Banner and her family who may or may not even know he's getting married.
Like I said, Flavour's people denied this when I reached out to them but it's understandable if they don't want the media to know. But by tomorrow, we will know. Fingers crossed. Flavour was out of the country for Christmas but is expected to return today and fly to Onitsha later today.
Friday, December 25, 2015
Set amid woodland with a picturesque lake, the resort is co-owned by the family of Yuri Kovalchuk, another old friend of Putin, and a Cyprus company with undisclosed shareholders.
One person who attended the event said staff were told the bride and groom were named Kirill and Katerina, and that guests wore white scarves embroidered with the letters "K&K" in red thread. When shown a photograph of a woman known as Katerina Tikhonova, the source identified her as the bride. Tikhonova is Putin's younger daughter, as Reuters confirmed in November.
"Guards were behind every corner, (they) didn't let anyone close to the celebration," said a staff member at the resort, which has a luxurious spa complex. "But we knew it was Kirill and Katerina - Putin's daughter - celebrating marriage."
The demonstration was peaceful, but after the main march concluded, police scuffled with a few dozen protesters who were trying to block the entrance to an H&M store and to obstruct traffic both ways on Michigan Avenue, a major thoroughfare.
Wishing you all the most amazing Christmas celebration ever! Massive hug guys! Kisses!
Thursday, December 24, 2015
Foreign embassies are warning Westerners to stay away from a very popular area of Beijing on Christmas Day
At least five foreign embassies in Beijing have issued separate warnings of possible threats against Westerners around Christmas Day in Sanlitun, a popular shopping and bar area in Beijing.
The warnings came as Beijing Public Security Bureau issued a yellow security alert — the highest in a four-tier system — for large and medium-sized shopping malls and supermarkets, citing substantial influx of customers to such venues. The alert is due to last until the new year, Agence France-Presse reported.
Meanwhile, Beijing police beefed up security in the Sanlitun area on Wednesday afternoon, with Snow Leopard Commando Unit — a special unit under armed police tasked with counter-terrorism and riot control — deploying at least three police vehicles and a dozen police officers to patrol the shopping malls.
at December 24, 2015