Best Of 2015: 15 Things That Took Internet By Storm And Went Viral!
These are some of the things that went viral on the Internet in 2015. Twitter
Twenty-fourteen was all about Kim Kardashian "Breaking the Internet" with her nude cover on Paper Magazine, it was all about the Ice Bucket Challenge and all about Alex from Target. Though last year had some great moments on the web, we must honor the fact that 2015 was even a better year for the Internet! Without further ado, here are the top 15 things that went viral this year and took the World Wide Web by storm! Did we leave anything out? Sound off in the comments below.
1) The Dress: 2015 kicked off with its first viral photo in ending February: "The Dress." The whole world was debating on weather a dress posted by a Tumblr user was either white and gold or black and blue. Also known as Dressgate, this dress even had celebs caught in the debate.
Is the dress in the middle "white and gold" or "black and blue"?Twitter
2) Running Llamas: Meanwhile, two llamas let loose in Arizona. The video, which shows an entire town chasing llamas for about 30 minutes, was posted by ABC News and became an instant trending topic.
3) Left Shark: Yes, Katy Perry's halftime performance at the 2015 Super Bowl was all the rage, but it was Left Shark who really stole the show!
4) Caitlyn Jenner: Sorry Kim Kardashian, but Caitlyn Jenner broke the Internet in 2015! Jenner revealed her gender transition April in an interview with "20/20." Her debut on the Vanity Fair cover broke a Twitter world record, gaining 1 millions followers in less than five hours.
Bruce Jenner is now Caitlyn Jenner. Twitter/@VanityFair
5) Kylie Jenner Challenge: Another Jenner who broke the Internet was Caitlyn's younger daughter, Kylie. Earlier this year, Kylie's plumped lips became a trending topic. The ---dangerous--- #KylieJennerlipchallenge was even created, where many people would insert his or her lips into a shot glass and suck for volume
We're loving this fun outfit Kylie Jenner wore at the BBMAs.Getty
6) Charlie Charlie Challenge: This creepy pencil-and-paper game, where a "spirit" is asked questions, became viral after someone in Dominican Republic played and uploaded the video. Soon, many people around the world were playing the game. Even celebrities, such as Chino from Chino & Nacho, were freaked out!
Teens are participating in a new "ritual" that attempts to summon a Mexican demon named Charlie.Twitter
7) Taylor Swift vs. Nicki Minaj: Taylor and Nicki became a trending topic after both stars publicly argued on Twitter regarding the 2015 MTV Video Music Award nominations for Video of the Year. "Bad Blood" was nominated and "Anaconda" wasn't.
Recording artists Taylor Swift (L) and Nicki Minaj perform onstage during the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards at Microsoft Theater on August 30, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
8) Justin Bieber nude pics: This year was amazing for Justin's music career, who made his comeback with "Purpose." It was also the year we witnessed a lot of naked photos of the Biebs. All which went viral on the Internet.
Singer Justin Bieber took a vacation from clothes in Bora Bora.Twitter
9) The Condom Challenge: In 2014 we had the Ice Bucket Challenge, and in 2015 we had the Condom Challenge. Shall we say more? Everyone was doing it, even J Balvin!
10) Netflix & Chill: In 2015, the phrase "Netflix and Chill" was born, which is basically slang for, "let's have sex."
"Netflix and chill" became a popular phrase in 2015.Twitter
11) Drake's "Hotline Bling": Drake's music video for "Hotline Bling" was an instant hit! Especially when people on the Internet began comparing him to a Latino and even called him Dominican Drake.
12) Adele's "Hello": Adele's comeback with her new single "Hello" was also a trending topic in 2015!
The Internet is loving Adele's comeback.Twitter
13) Back To The Future: October 21st marked Back to the Future Day, based on the "Back to the Future" sequel that made predictions of 2015. Many people on the Internet compared the '90s flick to present time to see if any of the predictions came true.
Back to the Future Day was on October 21st, 2015.Twitter
14) Zaira Salazar's lost truck: Zaira Salazar became a trending topic all over Latin America after she reported her lost truck with a drawing instead of a photograph. Many people used their photoshop skills and sarcastic humor to make fun of the situation. In the end, the trending drawing helped locate her lost car!
This drawing went viral in 2015.Twitter
15) Steve Harvey fail: Last but not least, Steve Harvey became a trending topic on the Internet after mistakenly crowning the wrong Miss Universe on live television! Harvey accidentally named Miss Colombia the 2015 beauty queen, instead of actual winner Miss Philippines.
Miss Philippines 2015, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach (R), reacts as she is crowned the 2015 Miss Universe by 2014 Miss Universe Paulina Vega (C) during the 2015 Miss Universe Pageant at The Axis at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino on December 20, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Miss Colombia 2015, Ariadna Gutierrez, was mistakenly named as Miss Universe 2015 instead of First Runner-up. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)