Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Horrified woman woke to find neighbour raping her while filming sickening assault on his mobile

Jessica McDonald, 22, who has spoken out about the horrific moment she woke to find her neighbour raping her - while filming the sickening assault on his mobile phone
Victim: Jessica McDonald, 22, pictured, has spoken out about the horrific moment she woke to find her neighbour raping her
A woman has spoken about the horrific moment she woke to find her neighbourraping her while filming the sickening assault on his mobile phone .
Jessica McDonald, 22, had gone to her friend Glen Mills' house for a drink and a catch up but she fell asleep on a sofa bed.
When she opened her eyes she found she was completely naked and the 31-year-old was on top of her.
Mills, who was jailed for six years in September, used the flash on his phone to take videos and pictures of the horrific attack while she was asleep.
Single mum Jessica, from Newcastle, said she screamed for Mills to get off her and tried to push him away but he ignored her pleas.

North News & PicturesJessica McDonald, 22, who has spoken out about the horrific moment she woke to find her neighbour raping her - while filming the sickening assault on his mobile phone
Attacker: Glen Mills, pictured, filmed the sickening assault using the flash on his mobile phone
It wasn't until the assault was over that Jessica found the strength to get up and run back to her home next door.
She collapsed on her living room rug and broke down in tears before contacting thepolice .
Jessica, who is mum to three-year-old Finlay, said: "What has happened has affected me massively, but I am really glad I went to the police and got justice.
"I want to warn other girls to be on guard. This kind of thing can happen to anyone. Going to the police can be scary, and I know victims might worry they will not be believed.
"The police do take attacks like these very seriously. Now Glen has been jailed I feel like I can in some way move on."
She added: "When I woke up I was fully naked and my clothes were down to the left hand side of me.
"I was aware of what was happening but I couldn't do anything about it.
"I kept moving and told him to stop but he still kept going.
"I was in shock but I knew I had to get him off me. I couldn't as he was bigger than me and stronger than me.
"Afterwards he was sitting there as if nothing had happened.
"I felt horrible, it made me feel vile."
North News & PicturesJessica McDonald, 22, who has spoken out about the horrific moment she woke to find her neighbour raping her - while filming the sickening assault on his mobile phone
Shaken: Jessica has been left feeling 'horrible and vile' after the assault by her neighbour
When she got home, Jessica contacted the police and officers arrived to arrest Mills.
Jessica said: "I remembered seeing a flash on his phone so I told the police to take his phone as I thought there may have been some pictures on it.
"The police told me he had taken three videos, I felt absolutely sick.
"I was asleep during the videos. What was he going to do with it!"
Mills initially denied two charges of rape but changed his pleas to guilty on the day of the trial after being told about the video evidence.
Gavin Doig, defending, said Mills is of positive previous character and finds his behaviour that night "inexplicable".
Recorder Nicholas Lumley QC told Mills: "You knew what state she was in and chose to violate her, disregard her wishes, or even inquire what they might me.
"You abused her body for your own selfish means.
"You recorded your abuse of her."

Newcastle Crown Court
Sentenced: Mills was jailed for six years when he appeared at Newcastle Crown Court, pictured, in September
Mills was sentenced to six years imprisonment and ordered to sign the sex offenders register for life.
Jessica watched at Newcastle Crown Court as he was sentenced in September.
She said: "I hate him for what he has done.
"I still remember it like it was yesterday.
"He was in a relationship so I never expected him to be like that.
"Now I can't go anywhere near men because I don't trust them.
"I am concentrating on Finlay and being the best mum I can be.
"I am glad Glen is in prison now and cannot hurt anybody else. I am looking forward to a fresh start in 2016."

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE