Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tennis Super star Andy Murray celebrates becoming a father after wife Kim gives birth to a baby daughter

Parents: Andy and Kim Murray have had a baby daughter, the couple's first child
Andy Murray has become a father after his wife Kim gave birth to a daughter, the couple's first child.
The tennis star had promised to fly home from the Australian Open if his wife went into labour during the tournament, and after losing in the final he said he would be on 'the first flight home' in an emotional message.
The Murrays' daughter was born on Sunday night, according to reports.
The baby girl, whose name has not yet been revealed, is the youngest member of Britain's foremost tennis family.
Mr Murray's brother Jamie won the Australian Open doubles championship last month, while his mother Judy is a successful coach who captains the British women's tennis team.

The new parents have been together since they were teenagers, and they married last April in Mr Murray's hometown of Dunblane before announcing the pregnancy in the summer.
Among the hundreds of fans congratulating the couple today was Angus Robertson, the SNP's leader in Westminster, who tweeted: 'Congratulations to Andy Murray and Kim Sears on the birth of their daughter.'

Homecoming: The star was last seen in public at Heathrow last Monday after touching down following his flight from Australia after the Grand Slam tournament
Homecoming: The star was last seen in public at Heathrow last Monday after touching down following his flight from Australia after the Grand Slam tournament
Speaking before his latest tournament, the world number two predicted that his life would have to change after he became a father.
'My child is more important to me, and my wife is more important to me, than a tennis match,' he said.
'It's a big change for me and my wife, but that's the current priority and I'll see after that.'
After being defeated by Novak Djokovic in the Australian Open final, Mr Murray addressed Kim directly in a choked-up speech in front of the global TV audience.
He said: 'You've been a legend the last two weeks, thank you for all your support. I'll be on the next flight home.'
The player has already announced his plan to skip two tournaments in February and take the whole month off.
His next match is likely to be in the Davis Cup, where Great Britain are taking on Japan in the tournament's first round starting on March 4. 
Judy Murray recently spoke of her excitement at become a grandmother - but promised not to get involved in teaching the new arrival tennis, saying she had had enough of coaching her family.
'When it happens I shall be an active granny,' she told Hello! this week. 'My mum Shirley was very involved with Jamie and Andy when they were growing up and I hope to be the same with my grandchild.
'I'm actually looking forward to cutting back on my work and spending more time with my parents, and yes, the new baby.'


No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE