Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Biker feared he was 'going to die' after being impaled through neck by iron rods

A motorcyclist says he's "lucky to be alive" after he was speared through the neck by two iron rods in a freak accident.
Hamar Singh Rajput was riding through Rajasthan, India, when he lost control of his bike which rammed into the back of a truck carrying building materials.
The 26-year-old crashed into the iron rods dangling off the back of the truck.
In a horrifying moment, two 3ft-long metal poles impaled Hamar through his neck, piercing his skin and emerging out of the middle section of his back.
And he's relived his terrifying ordeal, telling how he thought he was going to die.
CatersHamar Singh Rajput
Speared through: Hamar Singh Rajput with the iron rods impaled through his neck
Hamar said: "Two rods pierced into my neck as I rammed into the truck.
"I could feel that something had badly injured me.
"But then I felt the rods in my neck and the the feeling of death overtook me."

CatersHamar Singh Rajput
Incredible escape: Astonishingly, Hamar remained conscious throughout his ordeal
"It happened in a fraction of a second and I could not understand how I could not control the bike," he continued. "I thought I was going to die any moment."
Witnesses said Rajput was found lying in a pool of blood, screaming for help.
He was rushed to the nearby hospital by locals, where doctors were astonished to still see him conscious.
CatersHamar Singh Rajput
Brutal injuries: Hamar was rushed to hospital where surgeons removed the rods
Dr Manish Chhaparwal said: "The impact of the crash was so severe that the iron rods had rammed through his neck and came out from his back.
"We thought there was little hope of saving him.
"We were amazed that he was still in his senses and managed to sit up. He was talking all the while."
CatersHamar Singh Rajput
Death fears: Hamar was as shocked as anyone to survive the accident
Rajput was immediately taken in for surgery and after a three-hour operation, the iron rods were successfully removed from his neck.
Dr Chhaparwal said: "Sometimes in such accidents, more damage can be caused once the foreign object is removed from the body."
CatersHamar Singh Rajput
Recovery road: Surgeons spent three hours removing the rods and Hamar is now recuperating
"It was a miracle that the rods had not cut through any major blood vessels," he continued. "All the vital parts remained untouched despite such a huge crash impact."
Rajput, who works as a construction worker, is now recuperating at home.
He said: " The doctors showed me my pictures while the rods were in my neck.
"I think I am lucky to be alive."

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE