Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sergio Garcia goes to far with Tiger Woods “Fried Chicken”


It is no secret that Tiger Woods and Sergio Garcia do NOT get along.  Woods and Garcia have been mixed up in a public feud since the Players Championship earlier this month, when Garcia Blamed a poor shot on Woods pulling a club from his bag during Garcia’s backswing. However, Sergio Garcia’s spat with Tiger Woods went to another level on Tuesday. When asked at the European Tour awards dinner in London whether he would invite Woods over for dinner during next month’s U.S. Open, Garcia replied, according to The Guardian: “We will have him round every night. We will serve fried chicken.” Garcia later apologized, issuing this statement: “I apologize for any offense that may have been caused by my comment on stage during the European Tour Players’ Awards dinner. I answered a question that was clearly made towards me as a joke with a silly remark, but in no way was the comment meant in a racist manner.”
Tiger Woods responded to Garcia in some tweets:
 

I absolutely think that Garcia was being racist! No doubt about it. I commend Tiger for not retaliating because if it was me it would be a whole different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE