Saturday, December 2, 2017

JAY-Z TALKS HIS REACTION TO BEYONCÉ’S ‘LEMONADE’ ALBUM, WHAT HAPPENED WITH THEIR JOINT ALBUM & WHY HE & KANYE WEST ARE IN A BROTHERLY BEEF



A couple of years ago, there were rumblings of a joint album featuring #Beyoncé and her husband #JayZ. We got #Lemonade instead, which nobody is complaining about, but what happened to it?

Well, in a new interview with @NYTimes, Jay reveals that during a drought in their marriage, they began making music together and says it became therapeutic for them. “We were using our art almost like a therapy session. And we started making music together,” he said. “And then the music she was making at that time was further along. So her album came out as opposed to the joint album that we were working on.”



Jay went on to express how uncomfortable it was to learn how his wife Beyoncé felt, but they both talked through it and decided to look inside themselves rather than to head for divorce. “You know, most people walk away, and like divorce rate is like 50 percent or something ’cause most people can’t see themselves. The hardest thing is seeing pain on someone’s face that you caused, and then have to deal with yourself.”

As for his relationship with #KanyeWest, Jay-Z tells The NY Times that they actually spoke the other day, but as of right now there’s still some brotherly beef. “I [talked to] Kanye the other day, just to tell him, like, he’s my brother. I love Kanye. I do. It’s a complicated relationship with us,” Jay-Z tells The Times. He added, “‘Cause, you know — Kanye came into this business on my label. So I’ve always been like his big brother. And we’re both entertainers. It’s always been like a little underlying competition with your big brother.”

The 4:44 rapper confessed that there is tension between himself and Kanye, but chops it up to complications we all have in our day-to-day relationships.

“There’s gonna be complications in the relationship that we have to get through. And the only way to get through that is we sit down and have a dialogue and say, ‘These are the things that I’m uncomfortable with. These are the things that are unacceptable to me. This is what I feel.’ I’m sure he feels that I’ve done things to him as well. You know what I’m saying? I’m not a perfect human being by no stretch.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE