Thursday, May 11, 2017

'I was never afraid to be a provocative woman': Missy Elliott rocks Marc Jacobs track suit as she reveals inspiration for iconic outfits

Superstar: Missy Elliott, 45, opened up on fashion inspirations and her public image in an interview for the June 2017 issue of Elle 

'I was never afraid to be a provocative woman': Missy Elliott rocks Marc Jacobs track suit as she reveals inspiration for iconic outfits

When asked about her iconic plastic-bag suit for the music video The Rain, Elliott reported: 'To me, the outfit was a way to mask my shyness behind all the chaos of the look.'
'The outfit was a symbol of power. I loved the idea of feeling like a hip-hop Michelin woman,' she continued.

'I knew I could have on a blow-up suit and still have people talking.'
'It was bold and different. I’ve always seen myself as an innovator and a creative unlike any other.'
On keeping her brand in check, the Grammy-winner reported: 'One thing I won’t do is compromise. I will never do something based on what everybody else is telling me to do.'
'And have to kick myself in the ass every night. Nah. I have to make sure that it’s right.' she added.

'I’ve been through so many stumbling blocks to build a legacy, so I wouldn’t want to do something just to fit in. Because I never fit in. So….'

Shy girl: 'Although I am shy, I was never afraid to be a provocative woman,' she said as she sported a Marc Jacobs track suit on the magazine's cover

The Work It singer looked hip hop chic in a red, black, and cream track suit by Marc Jacobs. Her hat is by Stephen Jones for Marc Jacobs.
She also wears a jumpsuit by Versus Versace in the inside photographs. 
Marc Jacobs posted a picture of  himself holding the magazine with the caption: 'Holler!! The incredible @missymisdemeanorelliott in our Fall/Winter 2017 collection Thank you @elleusa for the great cover and editorial pics. I love it!'
Elliott has served as a muse to Jacobs for years, most recently appearing in the designer's stacked Fall 2016 campaign alongside the likes of Susan Sarandon, Marilyn Manson and Courtney Love. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...