Thursday, February 16, 2017

They wanted to turn me into a 'sex slave', say Joice Mujuru

Joice Mujuru. (File: AFP)
President Robert Mugabe's former deputy, now leader of the opposition Zimbabwe People First (ZimPF), Joice Mujuru, has reportedly accused a group of party leaders she expelled last week of "seeking to turn her into a sex slave".  
According to NewsDay, Mujuru said that her former lieutenants, Didymus Mutasa and Rugare Gumbo tried to turn her into a "sex slave" after proposing that she be the party's "queen bee".
In an audio recording of her address to provincial structures in Masvingo at the weekend, Mujuru told her supporters that the duo wanted her to sleep with male colleagues in the party, as she was a widow.
"…They said Mai Mujuru; we want you to be our queen bee. I was supposed to mate with all the men in the party. I was supposed to be their wife. I was supposed to work for them because they had seen that while I was still in Egypt [while in Zanu-PF] I used to work hard.
'Shallow understanding of politics'
"So they wanted to borrow that hard-working spirit to work for them and I told them that I can’t be your queen bee. I am a woman of substance even though I am a widow, I have an image to protect and since the death of my husband [General Solomon Mujuru], I have no appetite for men.
"I told them that I am here to work for Zimbabwe and this did not make them happy," Mujuru was quoted as saying.
Mujuru claimed that it was after she turned down their advances that they decided to turn against her.
Gumbo, however, ridiculed Mujuru's claims, saying that the ex-deputy president had a "shallow understanding of political dichotomy and processes".
Mujuru announced last Wednesday, during a press conference, that she had expelled seven of her key allies from her ZimPF party, accusing them of being "agents" of Mugabe's regime. She also said at the time that they were derailing the struggle for the democratisation of the southern African country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE