Thursday, December 29, 2016

George Michael 'had three albums' worth of unreleased songs - including record he previewed at 2012 London Olympics'

Works in progress: George Michael performs the single White Light at the closing ceremony for the London 2012 Olympics

George Michael has left three never-before-heard albums that are unlikely to ever be released, it is claimed.
The perfectionist musician spent years working on each album but ultimately decided they were not ready to be released, the Daily Mirror reported.
They include Trojan Souls - which features the song shared yesterday by Michael's boyfriend, Fadi Fawaz - and White Light, which was set to be released after Michael performed the title track at the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics.

Another, said to be a dance album follow-up to 1990's Listen Without Prejudice Vol 1, was reportedly scrapped during a dispute with Sony.  
Yesterday Mr Fawaz, who discovered Michael dead in the bed of his home in Goring-On-Thames, Oxfordshire on Christmas Day, shared 'This Kind of Love' on Twitter. 
The song includes the  lyrics: 'Now everyone has to get over I know, but this empty house seems to get colder and colder.'
Fadi posted the link in a tweet which said simply: 'My Baby.' 



The unreleased albums include Trojan Souls - which features the song shared yesterday by Michael's boyfriend, Fadi Fawaz - and White Light, which was set to be released after Michael performed the title track at the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics
The unreleased albums include Trojan Souls - which features the song shared yesterday by Michael's boyfriend, Fadi Fawaz - and White Light, which was set to be released after Michael performed the title track at the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics
Fans have left bouquets of flowers outside Michael's Oxfordshire home following his death
Fans have left bouquets of flowers outside Michael's Oxfordshire home following his death
The song, said to have been produced with Elton John, was part of an album conceived of in 1991 and due to go on sale in 1993, but which was never finished, reportedly due to a legal wrangle. 
The song includes the touching lyrics: 'Now everyone has to get over I know. But this empty house seems to get colder and colder. So won't you stay here with me?

'Now that I found you. I can't let you go.'
Fans offered their support to Fadi, 43, and some called for the song to be properly released.
Emma Strickland wrote: 'The unfinished Trojan Souls album...what a gift that would be right now...such remarkable music, such a remarkable man...no words.'
Fadi Fawaz found his boyfriend George Michael dead at his Oxfordshire cottage on Sunday
Fadi Fawaz found his boyfriend George Michael dead at his Oxfordshire cottage on Sunday. Pictured: The pair together
Fadi Fawaz (pictured, left, on Christmas Eve and, right, with Michael in 2012) found his boyfriend George Michael dead at his Oxfordshire cottage on Sunday


Yesterday he posted this link to Michael's unreleased song This Kind Of Love on Twitter

Yesterday he posted this link to Michael's unreleased song This Kind Of Love on Twitter
Danni Michael added: 'This song must be edited. There are a lot of George's fans that don't know it.'
Another follower added: 'All the lovelies [Michael's name for his fans] around the World are at your side in these painful moments. Take care Fadi. Love xx'
Michael's manager has said he died from heart failure and police have ruled out anything suspicious.
It emerged today that the Wham! singer will be laid to rest next to his mother, Lesley Panayiotou, in Highgate Cemetery, north London.  You don't have to think about it, you don't have to do without it, you just have to believe in this kind of love


Don't have to be so scared, don't have to hide what you can, you just have to believe in this kind of love
Everybody's telling me that these are dangerous times. For you and me, can't you see baby?
Michael and Elton John are understood to have worked on the song in the early 90s
Michael and Elton John are understood to have worked on the song in the early 90s
Maybe we have better take a little care with this love
I know... ‘cos I can't be happy without you. Then I'll be the one
Now that I've found you...
I don't have to hold you down, I don't need to push you around. I just want you to be this kind of love
And if someone hurt you before. Can't you see, all that I wanna give you much more
Just have faith in me. This kind of love
Everybody's telling me that these are dangerous times. For you and me, can't you see baby?
People got to take a little bit of care when they got doubt. Don't let it go no, never no
And all I know, I don't have no reason to doubt you. Don't you think it's time to believe in someone, so I'm telling you
Now that I found you... I can't let you go
Nobody's perfect, all have a past. When you look at me how can you ask if I love you? Is it so hard to see?
Now everyone has to get over I know, but this empty house seems to get colder and colder. So won't you stay here with me?
And all I know, is that I don't have no reason to doubt you
Don't you think it's time to believe in someone? So I'm telling you
Now that I found you...
The song posted online  is understood to have been written by Michael and Elton John
The song posted online is understood to have been written by Michael and Elton John

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE