Thursday, July 21, 2016

Matt Damon Will Only Speak 25 Lines in 'Jason Bourne'

You know his name. And you may already know most of what he has to say in his latest movie. The title character of Jason Bourne reportedly has only 25 lines of dialogue, according to a new Guardian interview with actor Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass.
Such silence isn't rare for an action hero. These kinds of characters are too busy moving and fighting to have a lot of conversations. Some need the one-liners, but serious guys like Bourne don't have time for quips. And he was modeled to be one step above a robotic killing machine.
So it makes sense that he's as talky as the Terminator. And good guys like Mad Max, Leon the Professional, the Driver in Drive, Snake Eyes from G.I. Joe, young Vito Corleone in The Godfather Part II and of course silent film heroes like Buster Keaton.

Bourne has spoken more in the past, but with his fourth installment (the fifth film in this franchise) he's apparently just going to be on the go, by himself with nobody to chat with anyway, while federal types played by Tommy Lee Jones, Ato Essandoh and Alicia Vikander stay put and provide exposition.
And if he truly only says 25 lines, nearly all of them have already been uttered in the trailers. Below is every piece of dialogue we've heard spoken by Damon so far. Some could be lines taken from past installments, but if not we count 17, some of which also could be joined tother, others of which could be separated, in the movie.
"I know who I am." 
"I remember. I remember everything."
(alternate: "I remember what happened. I remember everything.")
"Something happened to me. I need to know what it was."
"I was killing for them. I don't want to do this anymore."
"Tell me."
"They tracked you. We've got to move." 
"Hold on!"
"This is Jason Bourne. I need to talk."
"I know what you did."
"It ends tonight."
"The next bullet's in your head!" 
"I volunteered because of a lie."
"They said my father was killed by terrorists!" 
"He wasn't killed by terrorists, was he?"
"Not for you."
"Business."
"I know everything."

Jason Bourne arrives in theaters on July 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE