Friday, June 10, 2016

Nude Snapchat 'drove teenager to suicide after friends filmed her naked in shower'

A teenage girl was driven to suicide after bullies shared a naked video of her on Snapchat , her family claims.
Tovanna Holton, aged 15, was left devastated after girls filmed her nude in the shower and posted the clip on the social networking app for classmates to see, her mother says.
Levon Holton-Teamer says her daughter stole her gun from her handbag before locking herself in the bathroom of their home and shooting herself .
She was found dead in a pool of blood just three hours after the alleged incident happened, the New York Post reported.
Holton-Teamer told WFLA-TV: "I couldn’t get in the bathroom.

"The bathroom light was off so I tried to get in and I looked down and I saw the puddle of blood. I tried to apply the pressure, the pressure to her head. I tried to save her."
The grieving mother, from Tampa, Florida, says her young daughter was devastated and could not bear the humiliation.
She recalled the haunting last conversation she had with the teenager.
She told the news station: "Tovonna would say, ‘Mommy, I owe them; I owe them.’ I said, ‘What do you mean you owe them?’ I couldn’t understand what was wrong."
The tragic teen's aunt discovered, after searching on Facebook, that nude images of Tovonna had been shared on Snapchat.
Angel Scott told WFLA-TV: "Everybody was out there talking about her and calling her names and they said it went up on social media, Snapchat."
Police are investigating the incident but are as yet unable to prove whether or not bullying is to blame or whether Tovanna consented to be filmed.
Scott says she hopes that her neice's alleged bullies are convicted of a crime.
She told the news station: "I want them to pay, to feel what we feeling, even if their child is convicted or in trouble, they can go visit their child."

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE