Thursday, June 16, 2016

‘I am happy my name is being cleared and I want justice’ – Wizkid on alleged impersonators


Wizkid wants justice for impersonators

About two weeks ago, Ifeoma Nelly, a 200-level Industrial Chemistry student of Delta state university and her cohorts were arrested for allegedly impersonating Nigerian pop star, Wizkid.
The arrest of the fraudsters has been a welcome development for Wizzy who said the act had put a dent on his personality in certain quarters.
‘I am very thankful to the Nigeria police for what they did for me. The case has been going on for a while now, I thank God we have been able to arrest one of the suspects. We would pursue this case to the court and ensure we get justice,’ the singer said in a recent chat with Guardian.

‘The actions of these fraudsters have affected my business worldwide. I still have two cases pending in New York, United States now. There was a particular case of a $45,000 that was collected from a promoter in USA by these fraudsters using my name. There is another case of $25,000.’
Wizkid maintained he wants justice for the culprits, and is thankful he is being exonerated from allegations of fraud by show organisers.
‘I am happy my name is being cleared and I want justice.
‘The situation has affected me psychologically because I was being accused of taking money I knew nothing about. The press also did not believe me so that dampened my morale,’ he said furthe

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE