Monday, November 30, 2015

Ugandan rebel attack in eastern DR Congo leaves 24 dead, UN says



An attack by Ugandan rebels overnight in the restive east of the Democratic Republic of Congo left at least 24 people dead, including a United Nations peacekeeper, the UN said Monday.
Felix-Prosper Basse, spokesman for the UN mission in DR Congo said in addition to the peacekeeper, 12 rebels were killed, along with four Congolese soldiers and seven civilians hacked to death with machetes.
Local officials had earlier given a toll of 13 dead, including a Malawian peacekeeper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...