Saturday, November 14, 2015

Man's life saved after mobile phone prevents 'head being blown to bits'(Paris terror attacks)

The man, known only as Sylvestre, holds his phone after saying it saved his life
A man has claimed his mobile phone saved his life during the devastating terror attack outside France's national stadium last night.
The man, known only as Sylvestre, said his head would have "exploded" had his while mobile not took the impact of a bullet.
He was pictured moments after the attacks in Paris still holding onto his Samsung phone which had a smashed screen and huge dent in one side.
Speaking to iTele, he said: "This is the cell phone that took the hit, its what saved me. Otherwise my head would have been blown to bits. I wouldn't wish it on anyone."
Sylvestre said he was shot in his foot and was grazed on his ribcage by a bullet.

Video footage showed the moment a siege at a Paris concert hall where scores of people were held hostage ended killing dozens of people.
Police were seen surrounding the theatre in Boulevard Voltaire in the French capital as gunfire can be heard inside.
Officers were filmed climbing ladders as they scale the Chinese-influenced exterior of the venue where music fans had gathered to see Eagles of Death Metal play.
Then moments later people who look to be hostages and dressed in civilian clothing are seen making their way to safety from the ladders.
Gunfire could be heard ringing out in the background.
REUTERSFrench fire brigade members aid an injured individual near the Bataclan concert hall
A man is treated by emergency crews
The footage was the dramatic climax to a siege which started shortly after 9pm when five or six gunmen are reported to have stormed the building, spraying bullets and 'shooting people one by one'.
Up to 100 others were held hostage during a tense few hours as French authorities struggled to cope with a reported six separate attacks on the city.
Police stormed the building around midnight (GMT) while other officers worked to rescue those trapped inside.
Teams of police on the streets of the French capital
A shoot out followed and three terrorists are said to have been killed by police.
Dramatic footage from the scene aired by Sky News showed the operation being carried out under the dark skies of nightfall in the city.
Other footage at the same venue shows firefighters and police surround the building and begin bringing out casualties.