Thursday, November 5, 2015

Anorexic puts on FIVE stone and inspires others to be body positive

Before and afterMERCURY
HEALTHY: Megan looks amazing now she is at a healthy weight
Brave Megan Jayne has 39,000 online fans who regularly see her posing in a bikini after gaining five stone.
Now a healthy size 12-14, the carer posts photos of her podgy tummy, cellulite and wobbly thighs to help other girls overcome their image worries.
She said: "My first bikini picture terrified me. But as I started posting more about my eating disorder, I received messages telling me I'd helped with people's recovery and even saved their lives."
MeganMERCURY
BRAVE: Megan now regularly posts bikini shots and inspires others
Megan side by sideINSTAGRAM
LIFE SAVER: Some of Megan's fans say she has helped save their lives
Megan, 22, has battled anorexia since the age of 14. She was eventually hospitalised and fed through a tube, with doctors warning she had weeks to live.
“At my lowest weight my clothes were falling off me, my hair thinned and I was constantly freezing cold”
Megan Jayne
She said: "At my lowest weight my clothes were falling off me, my hair thinned and I was constantly freezing cold.
"The eating disorder overcame me so much I believed it was all that I was and all that I had."
But after two years of slow recovery, her health and weight got back on track. Now she has banished the scales and promotes body positivity. Megan, of Colchester, Essex, has started her BodyPosi-Panda account to help other anorexic girls.
Megan's instagram photosMERCURY
THEN AND NOW: The before and after photos Megan posts show an inspiring transformation
She added: "If a picture of my tummy rolls or cellulite being shamelessly embraced can show someone else that their body is worth loving too, then I will post the most tummytastic, lumpy bumpy thunder thigh pictures that I can take."
If you are worried you may have an eating disorder, email Beat at help@b-eat.co.uk or call 0845 634 1414 or 0845 634 7650 if you are aged 25 or under.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE