Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tribute to a vibrant young man who died at 33 (Ifeanyi Gregory Anene)


Ifeanyi Gregory Anene died on 19th of April 2015 at the very young age of 33. His friends are still mourning him. Below is a tribute from one of those friends who is a LIB reader. Read below...
I met Ifeanyi 15 years ago through a friend of mine he was dating although i knew him around my area but we never talked…but I loved him the minute I met him but he was with my friend so for years and years I kept that feeling, i guess he knew cos we had some occasional flirting nothing serious. Anyway they broke up but we still kept in touch during those years and we had some many memories. He started asking me out but I always knew he wasn’t for real u know but i loved him all the same but wanted something really serious which i knew he couldn’t provide so my tactics was to introduce him to other friends but still loved him. To cut the long story short 5 months ago he resurfaced into my life again and this time was serious about me, he even mentioned he was glad i didn’t agree during those times he was asking me out, we started talking but the feeling i had before i noticed it wasn’t there anymore i just wanted him as a friend, he begged and begged that we see but i kept posting him, anyway  i decided if i was to see him the best time was during lent...lol... as we are both catholics, he wouldn’t dare try anything…. i will forever appreciate that visit for the rest of my life, the soft kiss he gave me when i was about to leave, like a goodbye kiss..his hug..his words… i have never ever in my life experience such hurt, such pain, i have never cried so much in my life.  Sometimes i cry myself to sleep and wake up with a bad headache, i want to curse you out for been so careless but who am i to judge you...The day i received that message, my world stopped, i slept with my mum for days, your face haunted me, how alone u felt when it happened, sometimes i ask myself will this pain and memories ever go away and i know it won’t, i don’t think it will ever will go away but everyday it changes, the weight of it, at first it was unbearable now its kinda of bearable, am not in denial anymore, i can crawl out from under it now and carry it around like a brick in my pocket, sometimes i forget it for a while then i reach for it for some reason and remember there is it ‘’oh right, that’’ it awful but it ’s what i got instead of u. So i will carry this pain and memories around cos it will never go away but i will cope with it which is fine. 
So there you go Ifeanyi, i wanted the world to know a little bit about u and our memories, your sweet heart, u never lost contact with anyone, your advice, your swag. I will never forget you, you will live in my heart forever. I will forever pray for your soul. As you start your journey today i pray the LORD accepts your soul. I miss you my dear, sweet, handsome, annoyingly sarcastic,funny friend….

IFEANYICHUKWU GREGORY ANENE 04/06/1981 - 19/04/2015
IT’S BEEN A LOND DAY WITHOUT YOU MY FRIEND BUT I WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT WHEN I SEE YOU AGAIN…

Yours Truly 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE