Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Celine Dion Cancels Shows, Needs Vocal Rest



By Dr LORI
Sure, Celine Dion **'s heart will go on, but as of now, her voice cannot. The pop singer has announced the cancellation of 10 shows at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas through March 18, due to weakness in her right vocal chord.
According to a press release, Dion experienced difficulty while performing at her Vegas last week, and headed to Los Angeles for an examination at the UCLA Medical Center. A doctor advised the singer to rest her voice for six to eight weeks, and Dion is obliging.
"I tried to sing at my sound-check last week, and I had no control of my voice whatsoever," says Dion, who began her three-year residency at Caesars last March. "We thought that after a few days rest I would improve but it wasn't getting any better...I guess it was worse than I thought."
Dion will return to The Colosseum for a planned run from June 9 to Aug. 19. Tickets for the cancelled performances will be refunded.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DONATE